Among Us review
Among Us is a 2018 online multiplayer social deduction game created by Innersloth, and is available on iOS and Android devices and Windows. The game was inspired by the party game Mafia and the science fiction horror film The Thing, and since the release of its first map, The Skeld, three other maps were added, those being MIRA HQ, Polus and The Airship. The Airship's design is based on Infiltrating the Airship from the Henry Stickmin series, another video game series developed by Innersloth. A fifth map is currently in development and will be released in a future update.
In Among Us, players take on one of two roles, most being Crewmates and a predetermined number being Impostors. The goal of the Crewmates are to identify the Impostors, eliminate them, and complete tasks around the map; the Impostors' goal is to covertly sabotage and kill the Crewmates before they complete all of their tasks. Players suspected to be Impostors may be eliminated via a plurality vote, which any player may initiate by calling an emergency meeting (except during a crisis) or reporting a dead body. Crewmates win if all Impostors are ejected or all tasks are completed, whereas Impostors win if there is an equal number of Impostors and Crewmates, or if a critical sabotage goes unresolved.
Gameplay also includes combat, which is initiated when two Crewmates of the same team are in close proximity to each other and an Impostor is not in the same space. Each player starts with a number of energy points, which are depleted when they take damage. When a player's energy reaches zero, they are eliminated from the game.
The graphics of Among Us are space-themed and consist of mainly blue-green and red colors. The game is also mostly dark, and light sources are mainly from lamps and space stations.
Information about replayability
It is not yet known if Among Us will have any replayability, as there are no updates to the game since its release in 2018.
- It is a fun and addictive game that will keep you playing for hours
- The game is easy to play, but it is difficult to win
- The game has an interesting and unique theme
- The game features voice chat
- The game is relatively cheap to buy
- The game is not violent
- The game is not a graphically-intensive game, and the graphics can be glitchy at times
- The game does not have a story line, and is simply a social deduction game
- The game is difficult to win
- The game is mainly a one-player game, though there is the option to play with friends
- The game is no longer being updated